Welcome to Prestige Property Management (PPM), an independent agency providing property management services to landlords. At Prestige Property Management we stand by our name and we deliver. We take enormous pride and care in knowing our clients entrust us with their investment properties and that they receive a Prestigious service. Being a Christchurch (and surrounds) based property management company specialising in residential rental/investment properties, unlike many real estate agencies who consider property management an adjunct to sales, we specialise in property management only. This is our focus. We measure the success of our Property Management services by the satisfaction of our clients, the revenue we generate for them, property upkeep and the high calibre of tenants we attract.
Owned and run by Danielle Whitham and Pip Bradford, exceeding our clients property management expectations is our real passion. We are small and flexible, always putting our customers first. We focus on what we do best and work for a limited number of clients at any time. Our portfolio of managed properties are spread throughout Christchurch and surrounds from Burnham to Lyttelton to Pegasus and Rangiora and everywhere in between. Having both worked for larger Property Management companies in Christchurch and now Managing Directors at Prestige PM you can be confident you are in safe hands with their combined knowledge and experience.
The majority of our properties under management are unfurnished, long term (six months plus) rentals as well as some fully furnished and partly furnished homes. We appreciate that putting your investment property in the hands of a property manager is a big decision. You want to be confident in your property manager’s abilities and be confident that your investment is being well taken care of from selecting the right tenants to managing maintenance work and collecting rent . We also believe our job is much more than this and to be a valuable part of your investment property team we offer advice on adding value to your property.
What makes Prestige Property Management different and gives it the competitive edge is the attention to detail and personal service to their clients. Both Danielle and Pip are joint owners of the business, so the buck stops with them. They also maintain a policy to have a certain number of managed properties as to not to compromise quality of service to each individual owner and provides more time to build relationships and maintain a prestigious service. Word of mouth due to unequalled property management excellent has played the leading role in our companies success to date.
Meet the Team
Director of Prestige Property Management
Danielle loves the variety her role brings and attributes her successes to a passion for the industry; integrity; taking the time to listen and understand each property owners investment goals, saying she will do what she’s said she will and treating people with respect and professionalism. Danielles straightshooter approach and hard working attitude, teamed with a drive to provide her clients a personal, first class service.
Her passion for the property industry started when she purchased her first property at the age of 22, once completing University. This sparked her love of the industry and commitment ever since. Holding a bachelor’s degree from the University of Canterbury in Forestry Science reflects her love of the outdoors. Continuing on to compete a Diploma in Business and Sustainably at Lincoln University and working in Christchurch as an Environmental Scientist before following her real passion into property. Firstly working as a Real Estate Salesperson giving her a well-rounded knowledge of this side of the industry before moving away from sales into the role as New Business Development Manager and Property Manager for a Christchurch Property Management company. Getting a real buzz with referrals from satisfied clients and the passion for servicing the industry to a high standard followed the natural step to start her own residential property management business - Prestige Property Management Limited.
When Danielle’s not working, she loves to spend time with her friends trying the new restaurants and cafes emerging in Christchurch with the rebuild, enjoying the outdoors and walking her pet dogs or relaxing with a good movie and glass of red!
Director of Prestige Property Management
Every client is different and owns a rental property for different reasons – good communication and systems are the key to Pip’s success as well as excellent client relationships with landlords and tenants alike. Pip’s knowledge of the Christchurch rental market and attention to detail in all aspects, ensure that no stone is left unturned when dealing with your tenants and property as a whole.
Pip is well versed in not only the A-Z of property management but also the accounts system in place to ensure all runs smoothly and no question will ever be left unanswered. Pip has lived in Christchurch her whole life and began her career in working in reception and administration for a property management company. Moving her way up the company to gain knowledge in the accountancy systems and then into a position as Property Manager. This gives Pip a well rounded understanding of all facets when dealing with clients at PPM. Debt recovery is one of Pip’s specialties and she has been described as a “pitbull” in taking on previous tenant debt for hard done by private landlords to ensure that they are successful in receiving back all the money owed. This is done through ‘outside the box’ thinking and a vast knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 and District Court systems.
As an owner of the business Pip has taken a hands on approach to oversee and provide a stand out duty of care. Pip attributes her success to a ‘never give up’ attitude and a love for the work itself. Having worked for a larger company and wanting to offer far beyond just run-of-the-mill service is one of the reasons Prestige Property Management was formed.
Why Choose Us to Manage your Property?
Prestige Property Management is determined to be exceed your expectations in its approach to managing your property. We seek to be professional, timely, transparent and efficient in our dealings with both landlords and tenants. Rather than just maintaining your investment we endeavour to add real value and work in a way that is proactive not reactive. Prestige Property Management help to manage the risk and the hassle, by focusing on sourcing and managing great tenants for our busy clients, advice on how to maximise rental returns and ensuring all relevant legislation is complied with. For the convenience of our clients we offer maintenance, painting, landscaping services and assistance and meeting attendance for EQC / Fletchers / Insurance earthquake repairs.
What To Expect From Us
- Value for money: All necessary services included in our fee with no compromise on service.
- Transparent pricing: There are no hidden costs. When we organise a plumber or electrician, no commission is charged on trade invoices.
- Single point of contact: Both tenants and landlords work with the same experienced property manager (either Danielle of Pip) to ensure nothing is missed and a strong relationship is built and maintained.
- Proactive and Professional: Detailed reports before, during and at the end of a tenancy. Attention to detail right from the start of managing a property and throughout and “staying on the ball” is the way we operate; proactive not reactive
- Personal: We work with landlords to offer a tailored management service to cater their needs; no two landlords have the same expectations. For example, some landlords only want email contact from us, others have their tradespeople they prefer to use, we take the time to understand your requirements to make it stress-free for everyone
- Working with trusted tradespeople: We make sure your property is looked after. If needed for your property, we know and trust the tradespeople that we use and we are confident that they are the right people for the job.
- Working in your interests: We have no incentive to sell add-on products and services. We have freedom of choice over our tradespeople and will act in the interest of the landlord at all times. Likewise with tenants and rent, we review and advise landlords of market rent with our quarterly inspections.
- Local and independent: Our office is located in Christchurch. We manage properties across Christchurch and the surrounds. We have no affiliation with any Real Estate agencies and are completely independent.
- Confidentiality: Many landlords do not want empty properties showing as ‘to let’ and do not want the tenants to have their details. We maintain the highest standards of confidentiality at all times.
We are proud to be members of the following organizations
Pre-tenancy Application Form
Property Manager | Company Director
M 021 432 179
P 03 421 8603
Property Manager | Company Director
M 021 432 178
P 03 421 8602